Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The days are winding down!

On Sunday of this week we went to a couple church services. I was so excited because 7 of my Barretto friends were at church. I am hoping that people at Haven of Praise church will help disciple these girls once we leave. The difficulty about short term missions is that you form relationships with people and then inievitably have to go at some point. Our mission house cook Melinda (who attends Haven of Praise) has a similar story to the many of the girls and hopes to help shepherd and disciple them after we leave. We've already started saying some goodbyes to people in the Philippines. Yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon we stopped by their bar to hang out with them for a little while and say goodbyes and pray for/encourage them. That was definitely the most difficult goodbye for me here. I'll be praying for a couple of the girls especially as they hope to get out of that industry.
I've been staying busy as team nurse as well. Most recently I've been very "nit picky" as one girl developed a pretty bad case of lice and I've been working on shampooing her hair and getting all the nits out for the past 3 days. Another teammate has massive ear wax so we've been working on irrigating and unplugging her ears.  I'm thankful that the missionary we are staying with is a nurse midwife- so she has been very helpful! Please pray for the continued health of my team- I think there are only 2 of 21 people that haven't had some sort of health issue. Thankfully, nothing has been really serious and nobody has had to stay the night at the hospital.
We leave for the States on Friday at midnight out of Manilla (Philippines time- which is 14 hours ahead of Denver). We have like a 10 hour layover in Seoul, South Korea so we're planning on getting out of the airport for a little while and exploring Seoul. We will get back to Denver around 9 or 10 PM this Saturday!
I don't know if I'll have computer access the next 3 days. Thank you everyone for your prayer support! I've had an amazing journey and am anxious to get back to the States and see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment