It's hard to believe I've already been here for over a month. The time at YWAM is flying by. Our speaker for this week was a guy named Craig Hill who spoke about the Power of Blessing (how God intended to impart identity and destiny into people). I've been continuing to read Jesus Culture (mentioned in previous blog) and really enjoy it, I really encourage others to check it out.
Last night, a group of about 16 of us went down to the 16th Street walking mall in downtown Denver. Friday nights are "Kingdom Night" at YWAM Denver. Basically we go, pray for the city, wait on the Lord, and look for opportunities to love on and pray for the people of downtown Denver. Last night I had a couple good conversations with people on the street. A friend and I talked to a girl (maybe 19 years old) on the street who grew up in a Christian background was feeling really distant from God and going through some tough issues right now. We had the opportunity to speak word of encouragement to her, tell her how valuable and loved she is by God, and pray with her. It was cool, I know God sent us there to talk with her last night. She was really searching.
No comments:
Post a Comment