Hi everyone who may be stumbling across my first attempt at a blog. I have been here in Arvada, CO for a month now, attending Discipleship Training School (DTS) at a Youth With a Mission (YWAM) base. If you're curious about what I'm doing/studying and what this organization is all about, check out ywamdenver.org. It's an intense time of growing to know God more intimately and then going out to make Him known across the world. So far we have studied the character of God, the Father heart of God, and relationships.
In a few weeks (Aug. 17) we are going to take off for an outreach in Huntington Beach in California. We'll be there for about two weeks. In September and October, I'm headed out with a team to do an outreach to the Philippines. I should have more details about the trip in weeks to come, but it sounds like we'll be evangelizing and doing a lot of street ministry. We'll be extending God's love to families in the slums and possibly helping girls get out of sex trafficking rings. I'm really excited to see what God is going to have us do there.
Please pray for my team's upcoming trip to California. We are anticipating seeing God do some pretty awesome things while we are there. Also pray for me to stay focused while I'm here and to have discernment of God's will for me as I make decisions.
Michelle, I hope you have a fruitful and faith building time in the Phillipines. It sounds like amazing work!
ReplyDelete