Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jesus Culture

Today I started reading a book for class called Jesus Culture by Banning Liebscher. I'm not very far into the book but the first two chapters were awesome. It's a book about revivalists- people who passionately and unashamedly go out into society to share the power and love of God with those around them.

This quote stood out to me today: 
"God prefers to access the passions of your heart because your aspiration is an essential ingredient for excellence in whatever field you pursue. God wants to anoint your inclination and yearnings with the fire and purpose of Heaven. The convergence between our individual abilities and passions with the call upon our lives is what makes us 'salty' and gives us our potency to bring change and healing in society." (pg. 63)

What are my passions? In the last year Haiti, discipleship, and intercession have been a big part of my life. Where will God lead me with these things? I don't know yet but I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment